A walk among the bluebells

I am really a city girl but I can appreciate how lovely it is having open spaces nearby, especially now that I have children. I am lucky that even though I live in London I really have the countryside at my  doorstep.

We have some woods near us that look beautiful at the moment and this is a great time to see the bluebells in full bloom.  We have been visiting the same spot for the past couple of years but it seems that this time the word is out and the spot is getting busier and busier.

Walking among the bluebells

We went to see the bluebells on Sunday and they looked absolutely beautiful. It was great to see so many families with young children enjoying them and making a day out of visiting them.

Walking among the bluebells

Walking among the bluebells

I always carry my camera with me and I was looking forward to photographing the bluebells but I made a bit of a fatal error and the camera wasn’t properly charged. Yes, I know. I just couldn’t believe it. I had spent a while haggling, bribing my children to pose for some pictures and when I had kind of convinced them my battery died. I managed to get a decent picture of my eldest, but that’s about it.

Walking among the bluebells

Walking among the bluebells

I still managed to snap a few pictures and I guess I will have to wait until next year to take some more.

If you are in East London you can enjoy the bluebells in Wanstead Park, in the Chalet Wood Area, it’s a truly beautiful area not to be missed.

You Baby Me Mummy

14 Comments

1. April 21, 2016 / 10:31 am
    Such beautiful photos, I absolutely love this time of year - especially the bluebells! x
    • spanishmummy
      Author
      April 22, 2016 / 2:56 pm
      Thanks. The bluebells are beautiful, aren't they?
  2. April 22, 2016 / 8:59 am
    Beautiful photos! Bluebells are one of the things I miss from home at this time of year (from England, living in Germany, currently in Israel - not a bluebell anywhere). Thanks for sharing this :) #FabFridays
  3. April 22, 2016 / 11:12 am
    So lovely! Bluebells are so mood lifting to see. Sarah #FabFridayPost
  4. April 22, 2016 / 3:47 pm
    We love getting out and seeing nature too.
  5. April 26, 2016 / 8:39 am
    Oh what a wonderful woods, stunning with all of the bluebells! #pointshoot
    • spanishmummy
      Author
      April 26, 2016 / 11:19 am
      Thanks!
  6. April 27, 2016 / 6:02 pm
    Looks wonderful! So annoying about the battery though. Another blogger recommended a battery pack to me. You attach it to your camera, which means you have double the battery life. We're opposite end of London to you (I think) but lucky enough to have great parks on our doorsteps as well. #PointShoot Nadia - ScandiMummy x
    • spanishmummy
      Author
      April 30, 2016 / 2:43 pm
      Thanks Nadia, will need to check that option out. I have definitely learnt my lesson and I am now better prepared when I leave the house
  7. April 27, 2016 / 7:16 pm
    Awww bluebells are so magical and they dont last long so taking photos like this is advisable! Lovely captures =) #pointshoot
    • spanishmummy
      Author
      April 30, 2016 / 2:42 pm
      Thanks, they are beautiful, aren't they?
  8. snowingindoors